Sunday, February 13, 2011

{February 13, 2011}

Last summer, my in-laws came out to visit us from Indiana and we played "tourist" all over New England. One of our trips was to the Nubble Lighthouse at Cape Neddick in York, Maine. Seeing as how I did not have my camera with me (I know, I know), I was only able to take photos with my iPhone. So when we stopped at the gift shop on our way out, I was delighted to see this gorgeous print of a painting done by Laura Fudge of the lighthouse. As I reached for it my mother-in-law said, "I'll get that for you!" I protested but she would hear none of it and promptly purchased it before I could wrestle her to the ground. Okay, that last bit isn't quite true...I would never try to wrestle her as she could probably take me, even though she weighs less than I do...the woman is FIT! Did I mention I love my mother-in-law? Because I do...truly. Anyways, although I still haven't gotten a frame for the print, it sits proudly on the top of my pie safe flanked by the old lady and her man. Every time I walk past it it reminds me of spending time with people we love, seeing some amazing sights, and dipping our toes in the Atlantic Ocean while hunting seashells.

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: