Tuesday, February 01, 2011

{February 1, 2011}

Awhile back I made a beautiful moss stitch scarf that ended up being much shorter than I had anticipated. I ended up tucking it in to my coat and zipping, or buttoning, it up as high as I could to keep the scarf from falling out. Then I realized if I could find a shawl pin I would be able to wear my scarf without any concern. Thus began my search that took much longer than it probably should have. I wasn't able to find any locally, even at the yarn stores, but after skimming through several shops on Etsy (yet not liking what I saw) I came across a husband and wife duo who make them by hand. When I saw they lived in Oregon I felt it was fate...and I also wondered why on Earth I couldn't find these great pins locally when I lived there. Their shop is Nicholas & Felice and they have a ton of gorgeous handcrafted shawl and hair pins in their online store. It was difficult choosing between them all, but I'm really happy with the Yin Yang version I purchased--although I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I want to buy a couple more. The communication was great and I received my pin super fast, so I would highly recommend them! Isn't it cute?!

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

2 comments:

design blog said...

Wonderful, that is exactly what I was hunting for! You just spared me alot of digging around. I’ll make certain to put this in good use!

Felice Luftschein said...

Thanks for the awesome blog post about our pins!