Friday, February 11, 2011

{February 11, 2011}

This is a close-up of a hydrangea wreath my dad gave to me for Christmas in 2009. I specifically requested this one as the varying shades of pinks, purples, greens, and creams, I thought, would match perfectly against our merlot colored doors. It came from Etsy seller Seasidecotnaturals and while I love it, it's not nearly as colorful as the ones she has pictured (seems to be a recurring theme, no?). Also, what I did not realize is that hanging an extremely fragile wreath, made of dried flowers, on a door where people were going in and out often (usually wearing winter coats), meant it would not survive long. One would think I would have thought that through...apparently not. So I moved it to the large window in our "foyer" where it blends in perfectly (and much more safely). My love for hydrangeas has already been documented, and I'm sure this wreath will debut on the blog again, although probably in full form.

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: