Monday, May 02, 2011

{May 2, 2011}

This is Geraldine Hazel Conley...otherwise known as my MeMaw, or paternal grandmother. When my mom found out she was pregnant, my dad's sister also learned she was pregnant as well. MeMaw told them both, "I don't care which one of you does it, but one of you better give me a granddaughter." My mom had me and my aunt had my cousin John. MeMaw got the best of both worlds. She and I were super close and I adored the hell out of her. Many days were spent either picking strawberries (and eating them) out of her garden, or running through the woods surrounding their log cabin. She made the best fried chicken ever, had an incredibly impressive garden, was a hard worker, and loved her family dearly. I could go on and on about my grandmother, but suffice to say, I learned so much from her and miss her terribly.

Today my dad gave me a book containing many items that belonged to my grandmother. Inside I found three photos. Two of them were of my grandmother as a young woman. The other was of her dressed as Santa holding me, around age 2. I look unsure of who the person is under the beard, but you can't miss that huge smile on her face hidden under the white fluff. I'm not sure how old she was when this photo was taken, yet that sparkle in her eye never faded.

Taken with my iPhone using the Lo-Mob app with the 30's Contact filter applied.

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: