Monday, May 16, 2011

{May 16, 2011}

This is the lone skein I purchased at the NH Sheep & Wool Grower's Festival. It was sheer luck that I came across the Dirty Water Dyeworks booth as I had no idea there were vendors in that portion of the fairgrounds (wonder who I missed last year?...). The kids and I had gone over to watch the border collie sheep herding demonstrations and just so happened to see the other vendor tents set up. After we watched the dogs and sheep for a bit we headed over to peruse the goods. As soon as I entered Dirty Water Dyeworks I fell in love with a sweet little shawl knit up with DWD's Bertha in Pixie. The dominant colors were various shades of green, yet there were also hints of blue and brown running throughout. Although I figured there would be none left in that colorway, I was surprised to find a single skein still left. I'm not sure what I'll knit with it but I'm hoping that the color turns out as beautiful as the shawl did. I will say that the woman running the booth, presumably the owner, was super sweet and very helpful. And the yarn is incredibly soft, too.

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: