Monday, June 06, 2011

{May 30, 2011}

I realize this is out of order but I wanted to post this picture (and may post one I took on the 28th as well). On this day, when I had woken up and come downstairs, I looked outside to find one baby robin perched on the edge of the nest. The other two had apparently already fledged and this lone bird was getting up the courage to join them. Quickly I grabbed my camera, carefully opened the front door, but despite my best efforts I spooked the wee one. She flew towards the house, hitting it gently, then landed in the landscaping. I felt so bad and was properly admonished with the look of death by the robin. Realizing that it was okay I snapped a couple of pictures before heading inside. From there we watched her hop off in to the woods where we noticed one of the other babies up in a tree, being fed by the mama bird. I did not see the second baby, however with so many trees surrounding us I have no doubt it was out there. Eventually the one on the ground joined the rest as we no longer saw them. I still catch myself looking out the window at the nest and can't help but to miss them. Good luck baby robins!

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: