Saturday, June 18, 2011

{June 18, 2011}

My son has been legal to drive for about three months now, but we've been so busy that we haven't had a chance to put him behind the wheel. Today, however, that changed. After a quick trip to the bank I noticed that the parking lot was almost completely empty, so I gave him the low down on everything, and we switched seats. I'm teaching him the same way my dad taught me, which is that in the beginning he only gets to put it in "drive" and let the car "push" itself. Once he gets the hang of turning, braking, going in reverse, etc. we'll step up to using the gas pedal. This lesson only lasted about 15 mins. as there ended up being quite a few people cutting through the parking lot, yet he did really well. Even though it's a bit scary thinking about him being able to drive, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I'm excited about teaching him how.

Taken with my iPhone using the Camera+ app.

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: