Wednesday, June 08, 2011

{June 8, 2011}

Last year we had a moth just like this one that hung out on our front door. I looked up what type it was, but have forgotten. From wing to wing it is roughly 4-5" wide and about 3" tall. Definitely one of the largest moths I've ever seen. This one is "trapped" between our window screen and the window, however I did my best to convince it to fly free by leaving the window open...and tapping gently. It appears "she" has been laying eggs on the screen itself, so maybe that's why she refuses to go? I named the first one "Kevin." I think I'll name this one "Sheila." (That "line" of "stuff" on the screen is actually rust, but if you look towards the bottom right of the moth, you can see the eggs.)

Taken with my iPhone using the Instagram app with the Walden filter applied.

On to the pic...{click to view full size}

No comments: